Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Exhausted.

Went to inline practice tonight. It was nice that the temperature is finally settling down a little bit, I didn't really notice the heat tonight at all. It's pretty obvious that my body is pretty physically exhausted from my training and cross training over the past few days. I kind of wish I woke up in time to go to Yoga this morning, although I was glad to have done Body Flow last night.

I managed to get through all the drills, I didn't bring my Garmin with me to keep track of my lap times. I skated to practice. Still don't know how far the distance is between my house and the track, but it does make for a good warm-up. I need to stretch more.

Today's Inline Workout (on the 400m track):

  • 8 warmup laps.
  • 1000m (2 1/2 laps) sprints x9. 3 minute breaks in between and a longer break half-way.
  • 15 starts. 5 @ 50%. 5 @ 75%. 5 @100%
  • 5 laps reverse direction warmdown. Slow pace doing right crossovers.


My body felt like it was in slow motion today. Normally I can keep up with Camilo and Travis a bit longer, but today I was getting left behind around the first corner. I definately am not getting enough power on my crossover strides, it's probably the left leg push that is ineffective. I'm going to estimate that my times for the 1,000 meter sprints were well over 2 minutes. I'm not sure if it makes a difference whether I was using my oldest set of wheels and bearings.

I'm still working on my arm movements on the sprints and on the starts in particular.

Generally feeling stiff and tired.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Sour licorice, 2 Flax Bagel with light cream cheese, orange juice, 2 pickles, peanut butter sandwhich on Flax bread, 2 Booster Juices, Gatorade, Naan Bread, Rice, Lamb Masala, Butter Chicken, Saag Paneer, Mango Lassi.

I am obviously needing more vegetables in my diet. Too much sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home