Tuesday, July 18, 2006

BODY PUMP and BODY FLOW New Releases.

I went and did the BODY PUMP and BODY FLOW new releases this evening at McCaul.

Bettina's Pump class was amusing as always. I found a few of the tracks challenging, including the chest, biceps and lunges. I brought my weights back up to the normal ratios that I had been doing prior to my taper for the inline races. I'm not sure whether this new release is more difficult or I'm just feeling it because I've taken a break for a few weeks (and brought my weights down for the one class I did last week).

The right shoulder was feeling a bit strained on the chest and biceps tracks.

The amount of weight for each track is as follows:

  • Warmup: 10 kg
  • Squats: 32 kg
  • Chest: 12 kg
  • Clean and Press: 15 kg
  • Triceps: 10 kg
  • Biceps: 7 kg
  • Lunges: 15 kg

What I would ideally like to do as a goal over the summer is increase my Biceps to 9kg. I'm sure I can be increasing my squats as well, perhaps I'll try adding 2 kg next week. I also need to make sure that I'm working the shoulder blades up and squeezing them together on the Dead Row during the Clean and Press track. For the Chest Track I need to be focusing on getting the shoulders up off the riser and squeezing the chest on the upwards push.

Sharon's Flow class immediately following also had some pretty tricky moves. Checking in on my body, upper back, shoulders and lower back are feeling pretty tight. I also appear to have an ongoing injury in the right ankle/shin and the bottom of the right foot.

We went out for chinese afterwards and ate relatively healthy (for Chinese food).

I have to make sure that I am getting plenty of rest and lots of water. I got a good nights sleep last night and will need to go to be early tonight. My body is physically exhausted, no doubt I'm also feeling the effects of last nights' inline practice.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Banana, Flax Bagel and light cream cheese, Gazpatcho Soup with olives, a few peas, strawberry/banana smoothie, hot and sour soup, shanghai noodles, choi sum, chinese broccoli, bowl of white rice, clam in black bean sauce, sour licorice, orange juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home