Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Good Morning!

I got up this morning and made it to YOGA about half way through the class. Did my usual sneaking in and luckily it wasn't crowded, so I found a spot in the far side of the room. Yvonne is back after being away for a few weeks. She's the regular teacher, an older Indian woman with a british accent. What's wonderful about her class is that she'll often sing to you during relaxation.

This class focuses on what I like to refer to as "Old Lady Yoga", which gives you an idea of most of the other participants. It's pretty gentle and has an emphasis on stretching, with all of the excercises done sitting or on your back for the most part. Given the fact that I'm becoming increasingly less flexible in my muscles and joints as I increase my training regimen (not to mention the aging process), this is a great class for me.

After that was Tanya's BODY PUMP Class. Tanya is a fiery Redhead and I find that I respond well to her style as an instructor. She has even mentored me into becoming a BODY COMBAT Instructor last year.

Doing weights really never has had much appeal for me, but it's a necessary part of cross-training. I've found that the best way for me to do it is in a group excercise format with music. The emphasis is on higher reps and lower weights, which suits the functional body type that I need for my various athletic activities.

Since I had not been doing weights for almost three weeks, it was harder to get back into it. I scaled down some of my weights slightly from what I normally do. They launch the new BP program next week, which is also tough, and will be even more so this time.

The amount of weight for each track is as follows:

  • Warmup: 10 kg
  • Squat: 30 kg
  • Chest: 10 kg
  • Clean and Press: 12 kg
  • Triceps: 10 kg
  • Biceps: 7 kg
  • Lunges: 15 kg
I generally felt pretty good afterwards.

It has been pouring rain by the buckets all day, so I didn't get to go to Inline practice this evening.

I went out to Oakville to hang out with Jen instead and we did a BODY FLOW class for extra stretching and breathing.

I will be practicing BODY COMBAT for my release class on Monday.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
2 Bananas, 1 Booster Juice, Chicken Quesadilia in a cheese flavoured wrap, 1 package of Strawberry Tomotoes, 1 small bowl of Gazpatcho Soup with olives,Flax and Honey Bagel with light cream cheese, Gatorade, Asparagus, Lick's Gobbler Burger with all the fixings, Breyer's Sara Lee Cheesecake Ice Cream, Sour Licorice, Orange Juice.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 p.m., Blogger Kait said...

Your yoga class sounds devine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home