Monday, July 17, 2006

Heatwave Part Quatre!

The heatwave continues!

I did the BODY COMBAT release at noon hour with Tanya and that went well. Sweated Buckets, but I was well hydrated.

Practice today was tough due to the heat. I was pretty exhausted from yesterday's activities and this morning's BODY COMBAT class. Camilo and Leo really pushed me today and really focused on certain technical issues with me.

Today's Inline Workout (on the 400m track):

  • 13 laps to start increasing from 57s/lap to about 50s/lap.
  • 2 laps with a 100m sprint at the end (12x with a break half way). Total of 24 laps.
  • 15 starts. 5 @ 50%. 5 @ 75%. 5 @100%

Technical issues I needed to work on:

  • Increase my stride to full extension on the push.
  • limit the shoulder movement to a side-to-side. Upward shoulder movement wastes energy.
  • Work on my glide/recovery. It does not service me to increase the number of strides I take just to keep up if I am losing my form and technique.
  • On the start-sprints across the finish line, use my arm swing more. Exaggerate to get the full motion and power. The opposite wrist should swing up to the corner of the brim of my helmet. The back arm should straighten out.
  • Hawking at the finish.

I grabbed some Pho with Carolyn afterwards. It's nice to have one of my friends as an inline buddy from outside of the skating world.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Crackers, apple, half a pint of grape tomatoes, banana, chicken quesadilia, Booster Juice, 3 pickles, Gazpatcho Soup with olives and hot sauce, Gatorade, Slurpee, Pho Noodle Soup with Rare Beef and Beef Balls, two cold springrolls with shrimp, Orange Vietnamese Milkshake, Strawberry Vietnamese Milkshake, 2 deep fried banana with chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home