Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Need to get Motivated!

Woke up feeling a tiny bit stiff and lazy. I should have gone to the gym to get back into my weights regimen at noon hour. I had taken the past two weeks off from BODY PUMP class as a taper for my two most recent Inline Marathons. I'm thinking that I should have perhaps at least gone to the gym yesterday for a YOGA or BODY FLOW class to stretch out my muscles.

Inline practice with CAMALEON, my Skate Club was cancelled due to rain and thunderstorms yesterday even though things looked like they cleared up in this area by 6:00 (Jen called and said it was really coming down in Oakville last night). I took it as a blessing and a sign that I should have a REST DAY.

Given the fact that the forecast for tomorrow called for rain, I decided to head over to the 400-meter track at Lansdowne and College where we practice. No one from CAMALEON was there despite the fact that it was a perfect day out and the track was pretty busy with a Marathon Dynamics training group and kids on bicycles.

I did the following workout:

  • 8 laps of warmup
  • 8 minutes of stretching
  • Approx. 8 Interval cycles of 2 laps cruising, 3/4 laps sprinting
  • 8 laps of warmdown in reverse direction to practice my right hand crossovers

I'm glad I was fairly motivated despite being on my own. I really need to start bringing my Garmin GPS/Trainer with me whenever I skate, to help me log the distance, as well as keep track of speed and consistency when I'm doing drills. We're attempting to accomplish a certain amount of distance volume overall each season as a long term plan. I'm starting to wonder if I should also include travel-distances when I use my skates as transportation within the city, normally using my 80mm wheel rec-skates as opposed to my 100mm speed skates. For example, today I skated to practice and back home at a moderate pace, should I start keeping track of this as part of the distance logged?

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Gazpatcho Soup (with Olives and hot sauce), 1/2 sleeve of Crackers with light Cream Cheese, Ice Tea, 3 pickles, 1 slice of veggie cheese, 1/2 sleeve of Crackers and Peanut Butter, Gatorade, Turkey Pita with feta cheese and all the fixings, Strawberry Kiwi Frozen Fruit Smoothie with Tapioca Bubbles.

TOMORROW'S GAME-PLAN:
Wake up early, go to YOGA and then do a BODY PUMP Class. Weather permitting, go to Inline Practice in the evening. Bring the Garmin (which is currently charging).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home