Thursday, March 22, 2007

messed up my sleep pattern

It's official. three days in a row I've messed up my sleep pattern. Have to get back on a proper sleep schedule.

I am debating whether or not to "Bandit" the Around the Bay 30K run in Hamilton on Sunday. I left the registration too late again, and ideally I should be building up to the Full Flying Pig marathon that I'm doing with Jen and her Dad at the beginning of May.

Kept all the weights high today in Pump at McCaul this evening with Bettina. I even did the lunges with weights (one foot on the riser) and I really felt it. I've been trying to keep the squats and lunges a bit lighter lately to save my legs for Combat and Skating, but I think it's time I got back into the program, particularly as summer race season starts. It does feel good to be able to do the complete track with the heavier weights on Chest and Biceps (just barely in the case of Biceps, thank god for the easier options). 10kg for warmup. 32kg on the squats. 17kg on the lunges. 14kg on chest. 9kg on biceps. 10kg on triceps. 15kg on Clean and Press. Shoulders I generally stick to the 2 1/2 plates on each side because I think I get enough of a shoulder workout doing Combat and Climbing. On Tuesday I did 10kg on biceps and had to pause a couple of times, so I think my goal will be to get to the point where I am feeling comfortable with 9kg and then bump it up to 10kg. I also need to start working harder during the ab track, getting my shoulders slightly higher to increase the workout.

Pump of course is all about high continuous reps on lighter weights, and has a bit of a cardio componant. Hopefully ideal for the lean strength needed for racing.

I have to start thinking about better stretching as well, I'm still losing a great deal of flexibility which impacts my ability to get lower when skating.

Again, today I got up late and didn't eat right away when I woke up, having only an apple and Booster Juice prior to doing Pump. Not good. I ended up binge eating again for dinner Kama all you can eat indian buffet prior to going to the Symphony with Jen.

As they were talking about at the veggie nutritional seminar last weekend, I need to eat much more when I first wake up so that I'll have fuel for the day, partluclarly for my workouts in the evening. Put most of my calories in for breakfast, more for lunch and then not so much for dinner (even if I am starving after an evening workout or skating practice).

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Apple, Booster Juice with Energy Boost, spinich salad, pakoras, garlic naan, butter chicken, Saag paneer, oranges, apples, tandoori chicken, chocolate ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home