Saturday, March 03, 2007

Easy Rider

Based on yesterday's suggestion, I went to the last half hour of the spinning class at St Clair just before my Yoga Class. Of coures once I'm there and have the Instructor calling out motivational type things and encouragement to work harder and dial up, it doesn't end up being the easy ride I intended. I should just dial back on keep the legs moving, but the energy of group ex is pretty infectious.

In the freestyle cycling classes, there is opportunities to choose options in terms of what positions you take on the bike. Faith at one point towards the end suggested we take the opportunity to work on whatever it was that we felt needed work. It got me thinking what might be the best kind of cross-training for inline. I've often been taking the croached "aero-racing position" because it does get me down and low like inline. I find it also helps to stretch out the hip flexors which I find have been tightening up lately from all the skating.

Yvonne's Yoga class was once again a complete joy. I nice treat to end off the week.

I'm just trying to figure out my weekend schedule. Not sure if I should take tomorrow as a complete Rest Day, given the tentative plan that I might "Bandit" the Chilly Half Marathon out in Burlington on Sunday morning. I've been doing it every year with Jen, and this year I forgot to register and it's now sold out. Of course I haven't been running at all and I still have ice on Sunday night. If I skip it, of course that will mean that I will be doing Around The Bay (30K) with zero buildup, and then the Flying Pig Marathon is right after that.

I need to eat more vegetables. Particularly dark greens.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Flax Bagel with light cream cheese, hot and sour soup, banana, strawberry yogurt, organic cereal and soy milk.grape tomatoes, flax bagel with crunchy peanut butter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home