Friday, February 23, 2007

Let the Good Times Pump and Spin

I had a really good evening! It's funny how your day can suddenly just change. I have to admit that I woke up feeling a bit down this morning.

I managed to reluctantly drag myself back down to St Clair again in time for Tanya's Spinning Class. I had promised to show up to get her ipod to load it up with her Pump and Flow music. I'm glad I did! Tanya was on Fire tonight. I think she's turning out to be a really awesome Spinning instructor.

I basically showed up at Spinning with tired legs from last night's Inline practice with very little in the gas-tank. Tanya's really good at pushing you the right way, and next thing you know I'm cranking up the dial and feeling pretty good about it. In fact it was the first time in a while that I've managed to capture that "Runner's High" of endorphine rush like that. Somehow managed to find some extra juice and the second half just flew by. It was a lot of fun.

In fact the buzz took me into the Pump class taught by Ryan (who also seemed to be really on tonight), perhaps it's getting to switch up the music this week? I actually unexpectedly loaded up on the weights for squats and did 30kg, which I haven't done in a few weeks. I also kept biceps at 10kg. It was tough, tougher than Tuesday when I was on stage in front of everyone at Bettina's class, but I managed to get through it. Hope I can hang onto it and up some of the other weights. Perhaps another set of small plates for the chest track in the next few weeks (or perhaps just using the heavier bar?

Things to be aware of in Pump: Getting those shoulder blades up and together for the row on Clean and Press.

There was also a party at St Clair tonight! They had a Oscar theme.

I left St Clair feeling on top of the world. I really have to start chasing that adrenalyn high again. There is nothing else like it once you push through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home