Friday, May 18, 2007

Perfect Makes Practice

I skipped night school in order to go to TISC practice. It was really nice to see so many new faces showing up. Hopefully we will continue to attract more people to the sport and community, which is a good thing.

The practices will be at Christ the King until further notice so I will really have to start getting used to the track. I have to admit that I'm missing the feel of a 400 meter track which I have gotten so used to skating on. I think I still need to get into the groove of TISC practice structures and the larger group skating rythm on the track compared to the workouts with Camilo and Travis last year at Landesdown.

The intensity wasn't too bad, although I really was feeling out of shape from being off the wheels for so long. After the warm-up, the "speed" group covered starts and then did three easy laps followed by a fast lap at 85%. I managed to hang in there on a few of them until the second corner where the gap would inevitable open up. I was really physically exhausted after practice.

Starts are a mess. I didn't realize how important it was not to roll on the front wheel while pulling the back leg back for the "daylight" style of start. I will definitely have to be doing some serious work on those. We also practices the start steps by doing this kind of Charlie Chaplin walk... kind of looked funny as those not practicing starts laughed at our Python-esque silly walk.

Nice to be back skating. We're planning on heading out to Hamilton Beach on the Holiday Monday, and there is also the fireworks skate in the evening out at the beaches.

I don't feel anywhere near prepared for Detroit.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Sashimi, Bol Golgi beef, rice, shredded turnips, apple, Nature's Path Cereal with light soy milk, Booster Juice, strawberries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home