Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I liked 28 Weeks Later

Jen and I are all signed up for the Eddy Matzger clinic in Ottawa June 22nd weekend. What a nice way to spend a birthday weekend out of town! I also received a nice invitation via email from Mike of Ottawa Inline to skate with their 24 Hour team in Montreal in July, so I think I will push off doing the Napa Valley Inline Marathon to next year. I've never done the 24 Hour event because we've always had some scheduling conflict in the past couple of years. I'm really looking forward to finally being able to participate, particularly since the folks at Ottawa Inline that I usually skate with in the local races are such friendly and good natured people. Hopefully I can keep up on my end given their fast lap times! Luckily as this weekend in Montreal has proven, I am generally capable of falling asleep anywhere which will probably be useful for a 24 Hour event like this.

Today was a bit of a dissappointment. I planned on skipping night school because I really need to get some mileage and practice on the Skates before Detroit in less than two weeks. Unfortunately, after some Keystone Kops type antics catching a ride with Carolyn to practice (my helmet was still in her trunk from two weeks ago), the sky opened up and it just poured buckets. I quickly phoned around to confirm that it was raining out by Christ the King as well, and we managed to abort our drive out to the wilds of Etobicoke in time to get off at the Spadina exit. So I didn't get in a workout today, other than a short skate down Eglinton alongside Rush Hour traffic to hook up with Carolyn. I've been feeling a bit out of shape in the past couple of weeks. I really need to jump back into the game and quick. I will probably skip night school on Thursday so that I can go to practice.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Nature's Path Zen and Power Cereal in light soy milk, gazpatcho soup with hot sauce and olives, flax bagel with light cream cheese, pita bread, apple, 2 bananas, 2 peanut butter sandwhiches on flax bread, orange Juice, grape tomatoes, BK Chicken sandwhich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home