Monday, May 07, 2007

When Pig's Fly

The Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinatti went really well. Couldn't have asked for better weather and we ran Jen's Dad in within the expected time frame. A nice way to welcome his sixth decade.

I never seem to anticipate how tough hills can be. The first half of the marathon was almost constant climbing. It's my weakness in inline, and it appears not to be a strength in running either. Toronto is relatively flat in terms of the routes I do compared to other cities. Normally the first half at such a moderate pace is easy for me, but with the uphill, I found my left ankle suffering pretty early, although I was able to keep going past the discomfort. Thank goodness for advils.

The other thing I did wrong was not scale back my diet prior, and particularly during the roadtrip on Friday and Saturday. I also overate the night before and felt pretty bloated when I was running on Sunday morning. I will have to start eating well for the next three weeks.

WHAT I ATE THIS WEEKEND
Too much bad food. including pasta and quesadilias with lots of cheese, hamburgers and french fries, fried chicken, bagel cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, soup, corn, raspberry lemonade, stuffing with gravy, fish, chocolate milk shake,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home