Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Winter Training Plan

I believe next week will be the final skates of the season, so I'll gather my thoughts and write down a seasonal overview of this year's inline progression.

So I've built up a crazy amount of fitness and endurance this season. How do I keep it up over the winter?

I'll be starting a Speed Skating clinic with Carolyn. We'll be starting on pretty even ground here, so I'm sure she'll be kicking my ass out of the starting gate on this one. It's good to have a friend to keep you on your toes an motivated! She seems really keen on this. There is also indoor inline to sharpen out the technique.

I figure that I will do the 2006 Winterlude Triathlon in Ottawa to set me a goal and keep me motivated. Skate-skiing, Speed Skating and a bit of running. I'll have to rent equipment for this and practice skate-skiing a bit more. It's at the beginning of February.


It looks like Running will play a big part as well. Thus far, to the best of my knowledge, Jen's running event itinerary is as follows...
Angus Glenn 1/2 Marathon. Nov 5th. (IN TWO WEEKS!)
Jingle Bell Run 5K. Dec 10th.
Chilly Half Marathon. March 4th.
Around the Bay 30k. March 25th.
National Capital Half Marathon. March 25th.
*Note that they have cancelled the inline portion of the NCM! So I guess I'll run the 1/2.


Spinning 2-3 times a week will be essential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home