Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sunnybrook Park

Today's activity consisted of going for a light skate with Carolyn at Sunnybrook Park and down the trails behind the Ontario Science Centre. I wore my rec skates and kept an easy pace with Carolyn in her rec skates. It was the first time since the beginning of the inline season that we skated with this set-up and she was able to keep up for the most part. I am very proud of how far she's come along this season. As much as I appreciate all the inline friends I've made over the past couple of years, it was really really nice this season to finally hook one of my other friends into this sport I love so much. I was feeling kind of sluggish this afternoon and I am glad she talked in into going for a skate. It's supposed to rain for the rest of the week.

I'm starting to think of what to do for the off-season. There will be running events with Jen of course. I'm planning on at least trying indoor inline at Scooters, and Carolyn has talked me into doing an eight week ice speed skating course. I enjoyed Skate skiing the two times we did it last winter, hopefully we can do it some more. I would like to try the winterlude triathlon in Ottawa this year: Ice Skating, Cross Country Skiing and Running.

I really need to get back onto the weights this week, and start gearing up for the Body Combat release. My body still felt fatigued yesterday at the gym doing Jen's weight program. I don't know whether it was the fact that I was working and isolating muscles that I don't normally focus on like that, or that I haven't been doing weighs for a few weeks.

Chicago is less than two weeks away and I don't feel very prepared right now. I haven't been doing any running at all.

Tomorrow's plan is to get up for Yvonne's Yoga class and then stay for Tanya's Pump. Learn a BC track or two and then go do the Running Room Group Run at 6:00.

It's time to get back into the swing of things.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Flax Bagel with Light Cream Cheese, Brisk Ice Tea, Fruit To Go strip, Tandoori Chicken, Garlin Naan, Indian chips and salsa, Tandoori Fish, Indian sausages, other kinds of Indian Chicken, cabbage, onion, green pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home