Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chicago Marathon

I've returned from Chicago. Tired. Sore. Possible right ankle injury. We'll see how I am in a couple of days. I'll go in for a massage in the next day or two at the Tokyo Shiatsu clinic.

Marathon went well given the fact that I did no training for it. We managed to run Jen's Godmother Donna in with a new PB and then went back for her husband Bruce. I now have two full running marathons under my belt. The half marathons are easy to fake, but I was feeling this one pretty early and after the half point is when my legs started to stiffen and my ankle began acting up. For next time I will really need to do at least a bit of running before undertaking a Full. Jen wants to do two Full Marathons next year, the Flying Pig in Ohio and there is also on in the South of france. If this means she wants to travel, then it's fine by me. I'll just have to do some running in order to complete them with less soreness afterwards.

I am kind of proud to complete the Chicago Marathon if only for bragging rights. The medal is quite nice.

After the race on Sunday, I've basically been eating non-stop. Lots of stuff that is really bad for me. I'll have to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon tomorrow. Particularly now that inline season is pretty much over and I won't be burning crazy calories every week. Hopefully speed skating on ice, spinning, skate-skiing, indoor inline will take up some of the slack.

Winter also means a few running events with Jen as well. Small ones like the 5K Jingle Bell and then the Chilly Half followed by Around the Bay 30K early next year.

WHAT I ATE ON SATURDAY
Whole wheat bagel and cream cheese, sushi, 2 roast beef sandwiches, fruit, pasta salad, bagel and cream cheese, banana, licorice, bag of nacho chips.

WHAT I ATE ON SUNDAY
Special K/miniwheats in soy milk, bananas, Cliff Blocks, Gels, pretzels, chocolate chip cookie, Cheeseburger, fries, Deep Dish Pizza, Cookie Dough Malted Milkshake, Coke, Ice Tea, Clam Chowder, Steak in mushroom and onion sauce, Asparagus, mango mousse, lemonade.

WHAT I ATE ON MONDAY
2 slices of cold deep dish pizza, bowl of Special K/miniwheats in soy milk, General Tao Chicken, Fried rice, rice crepes, noodles, shrimp and scallop, broccoli, watermelon, lentil soup, vegan cornbread, mango smoothie, lemonade, Corn cake, Vegan "ribs", deep fried tofu, Vegan chocolate silk pie and raspberry cheesecake.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Pasta and veggies with tomatoe sauce, apple, strawberry smoothie, croissant with egg, ham and cheese, two Lick's Homeburgers on whole wheat with the works, 2 veggie dogs w/ bbq sauce and pickles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home