Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'm a tired old man

I found practice unusually tough today.

I brought my Garmin and I found the workout intense enough that I forgot to press Start at the beginning of each set.

I took the sidestreets above Bloor to practice tonight and it turns out that is indeed the quicker way to get to Landesdown track, even though I feel like I am detouring waaaay north. It's approx 4km that I can travel in less than 15 min I would guess.

We did a warmup of a little over 5km (13 laps). 26.4km/h.

15 km total today in the body of the workout. We did 3km (7 laps) with a sprint at the end of it, 5 times.
We were supposed to average 46sec/lap, and I managed to hang onto Camillo and Travis for the first 3km. After that I was getting dropped earlier and earlier.

Cooldown was 4 laps reverse direction.

I felt really tired today. Again, I think it could be because I'm not giving myself enough rest. It feels like I'm always tired, sore and stiff. Is it a sign of my age? I"ve really been wondering this since I turned 35 last month.

Leo mentioned that I'm not doing a full push again and that it looked like I was "toeing", and then he also noticed that it was because I wasn't "falling" on my push. Skaters shouls always be teetering on the edge of falling.

He showed me the dryland excercises for my arms. I should do them in 3 sets of 1 min intervals. No up and down movement with my body.

Maybe we'll see what happens when I switch over to a newer set of wheels and clean, oiled bearings for this weekend as well?

I'm supposed to do the RSO race this weekend. It makes me a bit nervous given the fact that it's a 200m track and it would be constant crossovers, which really tire me out the most. I suggested to the guys that maybe we could go and practice there on Friday just to get a feel for the track.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Banana. Gazpatcho soup with olives and hot sauce. Two veggie hot dogs with olives on flax bread. Gatorade Propel grape flavour (yuck!), Strawberry Kiwi Fresh and Fruity with Bubbles, Turkey Pita with all the fixin's, Ice tea, Strawberry Yogurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home