Friday, July 28, 2006

Combat the Hill.

I skated up the challenging hill on the way to Tanya's noon hour BODY COMBAT class up at St Clair. Traffic was crazy! One car blew past a pedestrian crossing right in front of me, another car just wouldn't stop as it was coming out of a gas station, and they were tearing up Yonge street, so there were crazy amounts of cars on the side streeet I usually take to get to the gym. One lady stopped me on the hill to ask for directions and then a bunch of cars got backed up behind her. At one point the bike lane on the hill was so wet and slippery I had to carefully go to the middle of the street, but was wary of cars coming up behind me. I don't know if it was the heat combined with the road closure that seems to make people road-crazy. On the way home I was trying to keep up with a bike and he was stopped at a red light and I had a near colision with him as I tried to get around him for a right hand turn onto the street he was stopped at.

COMBAT felt good today, I find it puts me in a good mood and helps me blow off steam. Went on stage with her and Melanya for the Muay Thai and Shoulder Blaster tracks. It's astounding how that class can make me feel energized even when my body is fatigued. It never feels like hard work, even if I'm covered head to toe in sweat afterwards.

Weird weather the past couple of days, the rain will fall and then clear up within hours and be hot and humid. I really want to get some additional mileage as I gear up for my Ultra's, but I also want to be rested for my first RSO race on Sunday. Perhaps I'll just put on some extra mileage after the race on Sunday?

It's a 500m time trial (2 and a 1/2 laps), 3km (15 laps) and 5km (25 laps). I'm nervous about the constant crossing over. I'll have to put in some good wheels and clean bearings on my skates tomorrow.

WHAT I ATE TODAY:
Banana, Booster Juice with Warrior Boost, 2 veggie dogs with veggie cheese slices with olives on flax bread, Lick's homeburger with all the fixin's, ice tea, Gazpatcho with hot sauce and olives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home