Friday, April 25, 2008

Beyond Mozambique

I let Jen sleep in this morning and went to do the morning Pump class at St Clair with the intentions of getting back to my long abandoned weight program. Of course fate would have it that it was a Body Flow class in it’s place just for today. It’s been a very long time since I’ve done a Flow class, and realized that it was good for me to get back into that as well. It’s a combination of Pilates, Tai Chi and Yoga, and is a good way to do different kinds of Mind-Body diagnostics. Core Strength is not too good these days, and that has always been a strong part of skating. Balance still is obviously way off as well. Still have to work on increasing flexibility. Resolution: More Stretching!

Returned home and was informed by Jen that she had signed us up for the Sporting Life 10K on May 4th. This should be interesting. I have not done much in the way of running since probably the Flying Pig Marathon last April, almost a year ago. I was originally supposed to do the 8K Spring Run off a few weeks ago with Sarah and Kathy, but I had just returned from Mexico and just wasn’t up for it (despite the nice weather for once). Jen’s come up with a plan for us to build up to it during the next week. We’ll see how I fare with that in addition to inline practice, teaching my two kickboxing classes and whatever other weights or spinning I was planning to do next week.

Did a spinning class at noon hour, returning to St Clair. I’m trying to figure out why I tend to strain my right arch whenever I spin these days. It was good to spin out the lactic acid. I need to get in the habit of going spinning more often to increase my cardio on “rest days”.

Sat in the massage chair twice today at St Clair. I would live in one of those chairs if it was at all possible. I bought one for my office chair at home, but it’s no where as good as the ones they have at the St Clair Goodlife.

Jen took me for the best Vegan Sandwich I have ever tasted. It was at Urban Herbivore in Kensington Market. I am very fond of sandwiches with a bit of substance to them and in general have been less than enthusiastic with vegetables as the only filling between my two slices of bread, but this one was incredible.

We had originally planned on going to the climbing gym before we went to the theatre tonight, but opted instead for a much needed 45 min nap. I wish I had more time to go climbing. It’s one of my passions that has fallen by the wayside. I know we did more pysical activity than most people in the weeks that I was in Mexico, but I do regret not being able to climb as well. Hopefully we can go outside to do some climbing this years… even if it’s just out to Mount Nemo/Rattlesnake.

Wake Up Calls:
-Last night before heading out to the opera I tried to put on the Khaki Pants I bought in Vegas of August last year. I was pretty proud of the fact that I was back down to a size 30 waist at that point. I didn’t fit at all.
-Today during spinning I went into “aero-racing position” and could feel my belly slapping against my thighs.


WHAT I ATE TODAY
Nature’s Path Zen Cereal in Mango Peach Soy Smoothie
Frozen Fruit, Vega Powder, Soy Milk, vitamin, orange Juice smoothie
BBQ and Veggie Panini with various spreads on olive bread
Celery Soup
Green Juice (Kale, ginger, lemon, apple)
Chocolate Croissant
Strawberries
Chocolate Banana bread and half a cookie.

1 Comments:

At 12:40 a.m., Blogger Dessert By Candy said...

If you like their sandwiches, I think you will love their sweet potato ginger muffin. I couldn't believe it was vegan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home