Monday, April 21, 2008

Peaks and Valleys

The highs and lows I often feel can probably be easily mapped onto my workout cycle.

The days when you feel highly energized and can just ride that positive mindset, versus the days of physical exhaustion when your body seems to be unable to execute what had been the simplest of moves prior.

I'm having one of those latter days. The weeks workouts have caught up to me. I realize it's been well over a week since I had a Full Rest Day. Saturday should have been an additional recovery day, but I opted to Skate since the weather seemed risky on Sunday. Now it looks like I won't have a rest-day until Thursday. Tomorrow I need to go to inline practice since I have Opera tickets for Thursday, and Wednesday is my kickboxing class.

I had a two hour nap after skating on Sunday afternoon, followed by about ten hours of sleep last night, and I still woke up physically exhausted. Then I went to teach my kickboxing class at noon today at Parkview, and I could barely keep my balance or do a proper jump kick. It was even a shortened 45 minute class and I could barely get through it. I'm convinced I was jabbering nonsense at certain points as I struggled to catch my breath. Hopefully the class didn't notice, I'm generally better at hiding how tired I am, and this felt worse than the day after Run4Reach a week ago.

I'm guessing cumulative exhaustion has set in. One of those days when I can't even chase that endorphin high that I love so much.

With my friend visiting all last week, I was also pretty short on sleep.

My goal is to get more sleep and eat better this week. Jen is on a huge detox binge in anticipation of her upcoming physical, so hopefully that will something achievable. She's booked a massage session and something called a Ion Detox Footbath for us tomorrow afternoon. I'm not entirely convinced of it's merits, but we'll see how I feel afterwards.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Mango Peach Soy Milk Smoothie
Nature's path Power Cereal with Mango Peach Soy Milk.
Apple.
Cherry Coke with whipped cream
Veggie Nature Chili on a whole wheat bun
Lick's Gobbler burger on whole wheat with all the fixin's.
Whole Wheat pasta with veggies, ground veggie, pickles and salsa/tomato sauce.
grape tomatoes

1 Comments:

At 9:36 a.m., Blogger Dessert By Candy said...

Would love to hear about your experience with Ion Detox footbath. A friend told me about it before and it almost seems magical. :D Imagine the tub of dirty muddy colour water it draws out from your feet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home