Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday Much on the Go

It felt really good to get out and do Frances' Yoga class at Mount Pleasant noon hour today. My body is full of tension and anxiety from deadlines and other things on my plate in the next couple of weeks. Shoulder still is not healing, I will probably have to get it looked at. My back is still sore and stiff from the collision in Philly. Knee is getting better, although I still can't put full weight on it for certain poses. Aromatherapy neck massage really worked wonders for me.

What a difference clean wheels and bearings make! I felt like I had a good practice today... there just seemed to be much less "drag" today on the sprints. Thanks Kevin! Eric G mentioned he was going to have a bearing maintenance seminar next Tuesday, which I think will be very useful to me.

I noted that Eric was drinking Soy Milk. He mentioned that it was probably the best source of protein that you could consume. Given the fact that Soy Milk is on of my staples, I was happy to hear that. Particularly since I'm working at getting rid of the "bad" tuna from my diet.

It was poor Morganne's turn to fall on the track today, and apparently there was again some bad falls at Nationals this week up in Ottawa. It seems like there is a pretty high rate of spills and injuries this year.

I think Peter ran a good program tonight. We did a variety of drills with a real focus on technical stuff, which I really appreciate. We even touched on some Double Push stuff, and I really have to get my leg behind the other one if I'm going to be doing this properly it would seem.

We had a great drill tonight involving coming up behind your partner and pushing them relay style and then chasing them down. I was paired with Jacky and thank goodness he glided a little bit at times to let me catch him after a while because it was a really tough drill for me. Hopefully I can get better at it if we keep doing this one.

The technical drills focused on getting low, getting the knee behind the other knee on the glide/recovery, pushing out one side, faster strides. I tried my best to follow the better skaters like Peter and Morgan to try and copy their technique.

Did some reverse-direction crossovers at the end of practice in anticipation of Montreal. Its' been a while since I did them and I wasn't too thrilled with my lack of co-ordination on that side.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Lucky Charms and Vector and Nature's Path Power Cereal in Soy Milk. Gazpatcho black bean with hot sauce and pickles. Flax Bagel with Salmon Cream Cheese. Mango/Peach Soy Smoothie. pickles. whole wheat pasta in ragu and BBQ Sauce with veggie cheese. Booster Juice High Impact Acai. Ice Cream Sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home