Thursday, June 07, 2007

Missed Yoga Today

I'm kind of regretting not going to Yoga at noon hour. I'm feeling a bit achy from yesterday's exertions.

Tonights TISC practice consisted of 4x25 laps with increasing speed every five laps and a three minute break in between. My pack managed to do 20-22 laps each time and actually hung on to the other pack quite a few times. Last lap we took it a bit easier to keep everyone in the pack, but I felt good today having people to skate with! I'm very happy to see Travis back after his injury at this winter's indoor practice. Having trained with him for the previous two years when we were being coached by Camilo and Leo, there is a familiar rythm you tend to fall into . We ended with 15x15 sprints and stretching, which was good. Hopefully we'll include that as a regular part of our workout. Morgan pointed out I really have to get my foot over the other foot in the crossovers, so I tried to focus on that for most of today's workout. I felt pretty positive about tonights practice.

The Barry Publow clinic was cancelled for this weekend, so I am planning on doing the Friday Night Skate and then the TBN Marathon out at Hamilton Beach on Saturday morning.

I've also decided to skip Cambridge this year, which will once again be Nationals. I will be joining Mike Lin and Richard "The Mayor" A for the Philly Freedom Skate instead. I am really looking forward to these "original" Philly Cheesesteaks that I have heard so much about. This will also be the first time that I am travelling to do some fun-skating instead of competing.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Green Goodness Smoothie, Flax Bagel with Light Cream Cheese, Black Bean Gazpatcho with hot sauce, light chocolate ice cream sandwich, bbq pork egg bun. chocolate peanut butter cups, dried fruit strips, greek salad, orange juice, gyros on a pita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home