Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Healing Touch of a Stranger

Went to Mount Pleasant for Yoga at noon today. I'm obviously feeling some anxiety and it was hard to relax and calm down and stop the inside chatter. My body is fatigued and muscles are tight from this weekend's exertions. The best thing about this class is that the lady who teaches (I think her name is Frances) will give everyone a massage and some lavender aromatherapy during the final relaxation. I honestly am amazed that someone would do that for a room full of strangers, but it is definitely a very soothing experience as a recipient. The stretching is nice, and checking in to see where your body is at is always a good thing to experience, but the best part is having your neck and shoulders rubbed. The minty smell of the oil and the hands working the knots out of my shoulders were what finally got me to just let it all go. I'm feeling very good right now.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Flax Bagel with light garden cream cheese, veggie "beef" rice noodle, chinese greens, white rice, Lick's Homeburger with all the fixin's, fries, chocolate ice cream sandwhich (light), frozen Fruit bar, apple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home