Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Glow in the Dark Mini Putt

Excercise. Anxiety. It's well known that one can have a positive effect in relieving the other. I think part of what my body is reacting to is the fact that over the years it's become accustom to having regular exercise just about every day, and now it's not receiving that outlet regularly. So I need to view this as motivation to get to the gym everyday.

I've noticed that owning a car has really had a detrimental effect on my active lifestyle. I spend a HUGE amount of time in front of the computer on a daily basis, but at least I would use my rollerblades as transportation in the summer. Even having a metro pass meant that I would get SOME walking in everyday (even if it's in the hundreds of meters to the store or subway station).

Managed to get in half a Yoga class at lunch hour and that helped immensely. What I did wrong again today was not eating when I first woke up. It doesn't do my body good to start off with that empty feeling.

Sore muscles and I feel physically and emotionally drained. Didn't get enough sleeps. Part of it must have been the spinning class yesterday. Even if it didn't feel like I was working as hard as I should have (particularly after two consecutive "rest days"), it's pretty obvious that I haven't been spinning in a while. I can really feel it in my back, shoulders and legs today.

I need to set some realistic goals. My weight is a huge issue. I recently read a part of a book called The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict by William Leith, which kind of struck a chord with me and what I've been going through. The ideal goal is to drop 15 pounds down to 155 lbs, and then work on an additional 5-10 beyond that. A more graspable goal is to probably just get to the point where my belly isn't slapping against my thighs when I'm in tuck position on the spinning bike.

I don't even know where I stand on my goals for the upcoming inline races starting the beginning of fall. I haven't skated at all this week.

I think I'm doing okay on the eatin front the past few days, although there is always temptation when going out for a friend's birthday like I am tonight.


Last night I woke up to a very vivid nightmare about finding out that my custom inline skates stolen. I guess what is particularly terrifying about that is not only the expense but the tragedy around the fact that the only person that can effectively use a person's customs is that person himself. It was so greatly disturbing to me as a bad dream, I can't even imagine how I would react if it ever happened in real life as my friend Morgan experienced in Montreal about three years ago.


Ate too much of the bad stuff tonight at my friend's birthday... ah well. Tomorrow's another day.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
orange juice
stir fry with bamboo shoots, rice noodles, greens, beans, baby corn, tofu, hoisin sauce, mushrooms, onion, honey garlic
salman sashimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home