Thursday, May 01, 2008

I skipped Yoga Today

The weather looked a bit iffy, but we headed out to Mississauga anyways to try and get in a skate before it rained. It did start to rain a bit as soon as we got there, it soon ended and dried up and Peter resumed practice, although we had more rain coming down intermittently.

I'm glad for the $1 bearings that I use for training on occasions like this. Given the number of rain skates last year that pretty much destroyed numerous sets of bearings, I will need to stock up on them this year.

We started off with echelons from the back, which was a bit more of a challenge given the wind and cold.

The bulk of the practice was three sets of 3k at about 80% with some intervals thrown in, although we didn't end up doing too much. I was with Morgan, Sarah, Leo and Jacky. Peter's suggestion that I not take pulls in order to be able to stay in for the entire drill worked out well for me given the wind and slippery conditions. I managed to stay in for all three sets.

After the second lap, Morgan pointed out just how much energy I was wasting by bobbing up and down. I tried to be conscious of that during the third lap, although Sarah pointed out I was taking too many strides in the straights.

I'm not sure that I actually ever did warm up during the practice. Altogether though, weather aside, I was glad that I got my workout in and felt pretty good about it.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Chocolate
gazpatcho soup with olives
Frozen Fruit and banana smoothie with vega powder vitamins soy milk and orange juice
carrots
Sweat and Sour instant Pot Noodle.
Bag of Chips
Chicken Souvlaki Mr Sub on whole wheat with all the fixin's
Chicken Barley Soup
Nestea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home