Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Adam is visiting for the week!

Didn't much sleep last night. Jen is still sick and was having trouble sleeping due to her hacking cough.

The left calf is still tight this morning. I imagine the jump kicking and slow kick drills I ran with my class yesterday didn't help in the recovery.

Frances was delayed by the TTC today, so I stepped in to warm up the Yoga class today. Given the fact that I have absolutely no training as a Yoga instructor, I think I improvised quite well by modifying my Kickboxing cooldown routine, and took the class through some Tai Chi and stretching. When Frances arrived, I handed the class back to her and we went through many of the usual stretches and poses. Very tight today from the race on Sunday and my kickboxing class yesterday. My body is obviously very tired as it was harder than usual to hold even some of the easier poses. The massage was heavenly, she used peppermint oil today and I left the class feeling extremely relaxed. I think I need to do more deep breathing excercises on a daily basis.

Took it easy at practice tonight, but the first 25 laps @ 25sec really was a bit of a strain for me. Joined the B-group for the remaining 2-25 laps which were apparently closer to the 26-28 sec/lap range.

We started with some technique drills that Peter and Eric took us through. Something I really appreciate this early in the season given how "off" my off-season was. I had noticed in Yoga earlier that my balance was way off, and it was still off tonight on much of the one foot gliding.

Former Camaleon coaches Leo, Camillo and Andres were out tonight, and it was great to see them again. Had a chance to skate behind Camillo briefly and it was nice to follow that familiar cadence once again. I learned a great deal and developed quite a bit as a inline skater under their tutelage.

Jay Brown took us to this fantastic little Muslim Chinese place right near the track afterwards.

Lost my phone some time during practice tonight.

WHAT I ATE 2DAY
frozen fruit, orange juice, soy milk, yogurt and vitamin smoothie.
nature's path power cereal with choco Krispies in soy milk.
Crepe with asparagus, cheese and ham.
Panini with cheese and proscuitto
Chocolate waffle with maltball ice cream, marshmellows, brownies and whipped cream.
pineapple and lime smoothie
lamb noodles and veggies
Lamb shish kabobs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home