Friday, July 20, 2007

Boot Molds

These are the Molds that Aaron did for me, just before I shipped them off to Glenn, the North American Bont Rep.



I'm very much looking forward to finally getting racing boots. I've become very aware lately how my feet are just swimming in my Lighting Rec Boots, and I can never seem to get them tight enough. They are also starting to feel really big, heavy and clunky to me. Particularly during the Montreal 24 Hour this past weekend.

I guess it's very similar to climbing shoes. Originally when I first started climbing, the guy at MEC sold me a pair of climbing shoes that I really thought were too tight... I thought they were two sizes too small for my feet. They felt like torture devices to me at the time. Now years later, I don't know how I would be able to climb in shoes that weren't that tight. I wouldn't be able to get the kind of precision I need to perform at the level I am now accustomed if I had shoes that were any looser. I am unable to comprehend how anyone can climb without their toes curled into hooks at the front of their shoes.

I probably did wait a year or two too long to make the switch, particularly with all my indecision last year about which brand and models to get. I'm sure it will take me some time to get used to them, hopefully my adjustment period won't be too long given the races I want to do in the fall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home