Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Combat Class Kickoff

I felt very positive about my new kickboxing class this morning. About 18 people showed up which was quite astounding for me at 9:30 on Wednesdays. I'm hoping that they will continue to come.

The challenge for me was that most of them were new, so I tried my best not to overwhelm them with my usual over-the-top antics. There were some older women who needed low impact options, and I think many of them are stay-at-homes, so I pulled back on some of my energy and slowed things down a bit. I went to the low options often, so I wasn't completely wiped at the end of the class. I also stopped things between the tracks in order to show proper form and technique and offer the easier options and remind them on how to perform moves safely and within their abilities. I think I'm going to really enjoy watching this class develop both their form and technique, as well as thier fitness level. Most of the class did not doing the jump kick or the flying back knee, but I'm hoping that we can build them up to that level. I'll make sure I do the same routine for the next two weeks so they get the hang of what I'm doing, although I'll probably add in the Capoiera track just prior to the new release so that they are introduced to the concepts and motion.

I have to remember to go to bed early on Tuesday nights. Getting up with only 5 hours sleep to teach Combat is not the way to do this.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Bowl of Nature's Path Power cereal in Soy milk, banana, fruitopia, Filet O Fish, 2 Tuna Fish Sandwhiches, Hot and Sour Soup, pickle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home