Thursday, February 01, 2007

Like a Hamster on a wheel

I slept well over 10 hours last night and I still feel completely wiped tonight after indoor inline. It was the best sleep I've had in a while. Jen and I bought new gel-core pillows this weekend, and a handheld vibrating back massager. We broke them out at bedtime last night and I was really nice to get some TLC on my sore kickboxing muscles. Between the Flanel sheets we got as a New Year's present to ourselves and these new pillows, I don't think I will ever want to leave the bed again (I have a hard enough time getting up in the mornings as it is).

So I decided to challenge myself a bit tonight at indoor inline and bumped myself up a group during relays. I wasn't really progressing too much staying in the slow group all the time. Aaron questioned if I belonged in that group, but I felt like I could confidently keep up with a group comprising Kevin, Eric and Bruce. I guess I generally don't push myself enough at indoor because I want to work on technique and I'm a bit wary about high speed spills after what happened to Travis. I should push myself indoors in the same way I push myself outdoors, but indoors really isn't fun for me and that's a big factor of why I inline skate... the fun factor.

Kevin pointed out I need to get lower still and round out my back when I'm down. I reminded myself that I really need to try and get that beak off my helmet so that I can see better in a crouch, as well as change up my wheels so I'm not sliding around all the time.

We'll see how I fare tomorrow when I have to teach another Body Combat class. I've been so wiped the past week and a half from teaching so many release classes. I'll have to be teaching every day or every other day because I'm subbing for Tanya next week and I haven't had a chance to do all the tracks yet. I haven't done any weights as a result and I haven't done any Yoga or Flow just to stretch things out. I can really feel my flexibility getting compromised on some of the side and roundhouse kicks. A sign of aging I would expect. I'll definitely have to do Yoga at noon tomorrow, and hopefully Friday Night.

Jacky mentioned tonight that he and Candy had found this blog somehow. I guess I should try and make it more interesting if people are actually reading it. For the most part this winter it's just been a dumping ground for my workout routine and eating habits. Can't wait for the Spring when I can skate outdoors again.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 Whole Wheat Bagels with light cream cheese, 3 veggie hotdogs on flax bread, grape tomatoes, juice box, mango drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home