Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sore all Over. Good Sore.

Second day of recovery after A2A and I'm still sore all over. Despite the stiffness, there is a degree of satisfaction I am getting from this. It's like a badge I'm wearing that says I completed A2A. I was sitting next to Peter D on the plane ride home, and even he said that he was cramping up during the event. Nice to know even the third place finisher suffers from the same aches and pains and thresholds the rest of us experience.

Yesterday was a total rest day. No physical activity whatsoever. If ever I deserved a break, it would be now.

I had a nice massage today at the Tokyo Shiatsu Clinic. My usual massage therapist, Shino was unavailable yesterday and today, so I tried out a woman named Kanako. If ever i deserved a ninety minute session, this would be it. As good as Shino is, I think it was good to try someone new. I think massage therapy can be like training, your body starts to get used to it, and it's good to mix things up. It really occured to me during the session that each massage therapist has their own individual style and specialties. She really focused well on my back and legs (or maybe I just felt it more this time because of the soreness?).

I went and did Sharon's Body Flow class tonight. It was good to stretch things out.


WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
Banana, apple, Roaster Red Pepper and Sausage Soup, "Cure All" Chicken Soup, veggie Hot and Sour Soup, veggie beef rice noodles, veggie chicken curry with broccoli, rice, Strawberry Shake, veggie cold roll, berry punch drink.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
Apple, cereal bar, Hershey's kiss bites chocolate, 2 Lick's Homeburgers on whole wheat with the works, Booster Juice with Warrior Boost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home