Sunday, August 12, 2007

Falling Rampage 10km Inline 2005

The Rolling Rampage earned the nickname "Falling Rampage" as the quality of the pavement had greatly deteriorated from the previous year. It is primarily a wheelchair race, who's participants could easily roll over the rough pavement, potholes and tar snakes that typified the pavement on the stretch of University Ave surrounding Queen's Park. However, for the Inline racers, it was a disaster. My friend and fellow Marathon Dynamics Inline Group member Kevin Mount (in the green below) took a spill on the timing mat around the finish area during the second lap, and I had to leap over him rather than dodge around in order to ensure my timing chip registerered my lap. Kevin only suffered a bit of road rash and finished the race. I later learned from Jen that another friend, Andrew T wasn't so lucky and dislocated his shoulder.

Photos courtesy of Peter and Kevin Noh.



Poor Andrew T!


In the photo below, I know it appears that Dave, Jen and I are cruel and heartless people laughing at Marathon Dynamics Coach Stephen's mishap. He actually was among the few who did not fall, but was simply resting on the comfy comfy concrete immediately following the race.


Despite the conditions of the road, I have to admit that I mourned the loss of this race the following year when there were no Road Races organized at all in the Greater Toronto Area in 2006, let alone a venue in the downtown core! I'm hoping that Queen's Park circle gets paved so that we can return to racing in downtown Toronto in the Rolling Rampage.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home