Sunday, February 11, 2007

CLIMB and PUMP

SUNDAY
I find myself a bit self conscious about writing in this blog now that more friends are letting me know that they are reading it. It's normally just a laundry-list of my workout and dietary habits. I don't know if I have anything actually interesting to say other than that folks!

Went to do Pump at Mount Pleasant this morning. I've been busy teaching kickboxing and just getting back into my resistance training, so I took it easy. Kept the weights light, particularly for squats. Then I realized that the bars at Mount Pleasant/Davisville are actually the heavier bars, so in fact I went heavier on biceps and triceps than normal.

Pet Peeve about Pump class... guys who just load up the weight in order to show that they can do it, and end up having really bad form that can potentially hurt them, or stopping partway. It's a lesson I should learn for skating! Speed won't matter if I lose proper form and crash causing injury.


WHAT I ATE SUNDAY
Banana. Apple. Flax Bagel with Cream Cheese. Kifta Beef. Green Salad w/tomatoes. Sweet and Spicy Panini with cheese, red peppers and cheese, bread, hummus, pita. Iced Tea. Reese peanut butter crunch bar. sour berry gummies.


SATURDAY
My intention was to go to bed early, wake up early and go spinng and do Pump on Saturday. Went to bed when the sun came up, slept in late and went for Korean food instead. Story of my Life these days.


Back to climbing on Saturday. I was suprisingly strong given the fact that I've been off for weeks. I ended up doing a short 5.10b, which probably means I got by more on skill than any retained strength/endurance. Only about five climbs altogether. I'll have to start back into gaining more endurance. I still have my climbing calluses at least. Given how something has to give in terms of physical activity, I don't anticipate going back outdoors anytime soon or taking any climbing trips in the next year or so. Hopefully I can stick to going at least once a week to Rock Oasis.

WHAT I ATE ON SATURDAY
Rice. Bulgogi beef. Miso Soup. Kimchi. Mint Green Tea. Strawberry/Mango Smoothie. noodles. tofu. wheat gluten. bak choi, cauliflower, broccoli. Lentil curry soup. veggie cheesecake and tofu ice cream. sour jubejubes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home