Thursday, August 16, 2007

Can't keep my eyes open. Allergy Season.

It's official Allergy Season has begun. I have itchy, watery eyes, and my throats been pretty scratchy. Jen asked what was up with my voice last night. It might have been from all the yelling I've been doing in my Body Combat classes lately... there is no mike at Parkview.

Checking into my body at Yvonne's Yoga class noon hour, things are a bit tight and I had shaky legs doing the simplest poses. Definitely a rest day for me tomorrow.

Practice tonight felt similar to Tuesdays. The gas tank felt empty, but I suprised myself by sticking it out all the way through the drills. Got there in time for warmup this time. Focused on skating behind better skaters tonight and trying to match different strides and not let a gap open up (it inevitably would). We did 10-on/30-off, and then the points race. At dinner afterwards, Morgan mentioned again how my crossovers slow me down in the corners. I need to commit to stepping one foot over the other.

Kevin comitted us to skate on the MGT with Benji tomorrow, so not quite a rest day. I don't know what "Benji speed" is, but hopefully it won't be too strenuous. We'll once again see if we can do those elusive hill intervals.

WHAT I ATE TODAY
2 peanut butter sandwiches on flax bread. apple. orange juice. Gazpatcho with hot sauce. pickle. Spinich salad with soy dressing and grape tomato. whole wheat pasta with veggies, soy "ground beef", mushrooms in salsa and pasta sauce. orange juice. Banana. pita. miso soup. white rice. sashimi. bul golgi beef. salad with ginger dressing. nestea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home